IMPLEMENTING OF CGA/USGA ELECTRONIC HANDICAP SYSTEM
OF CGA/USGA ELECTRONIC HANDICAP
1. A clear IDD telephone line.
2. Meet the USGA definition of a golf club.
A “Golf Club” is an organization of at least
ten committees (including a Handicap Committee)
to supervise golf activities, provide peer
review, and maintain the integrity of the
USGA Handicap System. Members must be able
to return scores personally, and these scores
must be available for review by follow club
3. Have a Handicap Committee composed mostly
of members and chaired by a member.
4. Have an official USGA Course Rating Which
is issued by the China Golf Association.
5. Make it possible for players to record
the correct USGA Course Rating and USGA
Slope Rating with each posted score from
every set of tees.
6. Require the posting of all scores made
at home and away. Set-up computer terminal
at the club or your Hong Kong Office.
7. Require your cooperation to post scores
for other golfers, and non-members at your
club after they finish their game.
8. Insist that the Rules of Golf be followed.
9. Ensure that all acceptable scores are
entered correctly, by providing manpower
to enter scores.
10. In a prominent place, post a list of
member’s USGA Handicap Indexes and make
current scoring records of all players from
each revision readily available for Inspection
by follow members or using computer display.
11. Appoint someone to attend the CGA Handicap
meeting and if necessary reduce or increase
Handicap Indexes of any player whose handicap
does not reflect his ability.
12. Obtain a new USGA Course Rating and
USGA Slope Rating from CGA when permanent
changes have been made to the golf course.
13. Set up the golf course to make a consistent
level of scoring possible.